Laser Creator is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
Please take some time to read through this policy before you provide us with any personal information. We also encourage you to check this policy regularly as it may change from time to time. If you have any suggestions or concerns that are not addressed in this policy, please contact us.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone number, gender, date of birth, age, details of communications with us (written or verbal) and in some instances, government identifiers (such as your driver’s licence).
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including interviews, correspondence, by telephone, by email, via our website https://lasercreator.com.au, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies- delete all that aren’t applicable and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
If we hold personal information about you that was collected for a particular purpose, we will not use or disclose it for another purpose unless: (a) you consent; (b) you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose it for that other purpose; or (c) it is required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
We generally use personal information, and you consent to us using your personal information, to:
- deliver or help you manage our products or services;
- complete transactions with you or on your behalf, including lay-by purchases;
- enable us to undertake a credit assessment;
- conduct promotions or competitions;
- help us manage and improve our services and websites;
- communicate with you;
- where you have consented to receive direct messaging, send you ongoing information, offers and promotional material about opportunities, products and services which we believe may be of interest to you;
- manage and resolve legal, consumer or commercial complaints and issues;
- conduct market research and analysis;
- manage and recruit employees;
- carry out internal functions including training and internal audits.
When returning or exchanging goods, we require you to provide proof of purchase from us. If a return is approved without proof of purchase, we will require suitable personal information from you for the purposes of identification. This personal information may be recorded with the transaction as part of our fraud prevention program. Information collected in these circumstances will only be used for this purpose.
We generally will not collect sensitive information about you (such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or details of health or disabilities). However, in some cases we may ask you to provide information related to your health or disabilities to assist us in providing you with specific services. We will only collect and use sensitive information in compliance with the APPs.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not disclose your personal information to anyone else unless:
- We sell all or part of our business, merge with another company or business, or restructure our business (or contemplate doing any of the foregoing), in which case we may transfer or disclose your personal information to the parties involved in the transaction for the purposes of that transaction;
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
You consent to us disclosing your personal information to our authorised personnel and to:
- companies that perform services on our behalf, for example delivery services, mail outs, customer liaison services, data entry services, trade promotion, account management services and debt collection services
- our professional advisors, including auditors and lawyers
- payment system operators and financial institutions; and
- organisations authorised by us to conduct promotional, research and/or marketing activities.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties that we disclose your personal information protect your privacy to the same standard expected of us.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Laser Creator will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
8 Lapis St
Caloundra West QLD 4551
Ph: (07) 5316 1231